- We will decide on a project as a group in the meeting
- Everyone will be put on a mailing list via their registration to the club. All correspondence will be done through the mailing list and through the elsoc wiki, to be launched today. Access is available at http://www.elsoc.net
- Hadis and Vidaya have offered to assist the club in their endeavors.
- Aim is to split the project into small tasks, to be completed in small groups (mixture of years in groups/one year makes one group)
- Times for meetings will be decided for next semester based on availability, may have different lab times for different groups.
- There is the possibility for the group to branch out from just audio electronics to areas like radio transmission, wireless technology, or anything that interests the individuals.
- Designs to be done initially on breadboards, when they are complete there is the potential for PCB manufacturing through the school.
- Attend the ELSOC annual general meeting to vote to make the club official.
- When designing keep in mind any strange parts may need to be ordered a week in advance (talk to Pete or the workshop to do this).
Project Ideas Edit
- Audio amplifier, to be the first project (more details below)
- Effects pedal
- Wireless guitar leads
- Equalizer (15 channel)
- Sound level checker
- Auto tune
- Sound desk
- Any other ideas feel free to bring them up anytime via the mailing list, wiki or at the meeting
Audio Amplifier Edit
- Solid state (transistor based as opposed to tubes)
- Multistage : pre amp (Voltage) => power amp (current)
- Probably use Darlington pairs (preferably using MOSFETS) for the power amp.
- 6.5mm Jack to plug in guitar or other instrument
- 8Ω speaker, probably a 15W output
- Need to consider shielding, as both stages will be susceptible to noise
- Use a potentiometer to control gain and volume
- May need power components to deal with high current.
- Guitar output assume 100mVp-p, we will bring a guitar in next Monday to examine frequency range
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.